Application architects are considered as a vital part of management of an organization and they fall above the first line managers in the hierarchy of an organization. These are the architects or design professionals who understand what a business needs and what type of applications or software programs are crucial for a corporation. After understanding these needs and requirements, these application architects gather team of technical staff members and start working on the development of the application.
In a way, we can say that an entire organization depends on the skills and expertise of an application architect. These professionals has the responsibilities of understanding the needs of an organization, gathering technical staff members and developers, designing an application, creating the application, implementing it in the organization and providing troubleshooting and support afterwards.
Job Responsibilities of an Application Architect:
- Understanding what a client or his organization needs and their requirements for a specific application
- Getting to know the real need for an application in the organization
- Meeting with other design professionals and discussing different ideas with them
- Gathering an effective team of technical staff members and application developers to discuss ideas with them
- Creating paperwork for the idea and planning for the development of the application
- Assigning tasks to staff members and supervising their work activities
- Coordinating with staff members and overcoming any delays and problems in the way over
- Finalizing the end product and conducting various tests to evaluate the authentication
- Handing over the application to the client and helping him implement the application in his organization
- Helping employees to understand the working and use of the application
- Providing troubleshooting and support services along with maintenance of the application
Salary of an Application Architect:
As we have explained above that an entire organization depends on the skills and work of an application architect. This is the key reason that companies pay a huge amount of money to these architects either they work on regular basis or per project. Usually an application architect can earn up to $110,000 per year in the start of his career in this field and this figure can go up to $250,000 per year or even more after 2-3 years of experience in the field.
Useful tips for creating an Application Architect Resume:
- Resume is a complete professional document and you need to keep it that way.
- There is no need to add any kinds of design style in the resume and make sure that you only use the professional and simple font in the resume too as a complicated font may look like stylish but it makes reading hard.
- The key purpose of this resume is to get you an interview not the actual job.
- Once you get interview call, now it’s time for you to show your charm and until then, keep in mind that resume is the first thing that meets with the employer before you so make it concise and keep it short.
- Instead of previous job responsibilities, you should enlist your accomplishments and achievements as this looks more professional and makes you distinguished.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Application Architect Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Application Architect Resume,