A bookseller is a person who works in a bookshop and sells books, magazines, digests and other types of literature. This person is the one who you talk to when you go in the bookshop and he tells you everything about where you will find your required books or if you don’t know any specific book, he will also give you suggestions for best books on the topic that you require.
Job Responsibilities of the Bookseller:
- Welcoming and meeting with the customers coming in the bookshop
- Talking to the customers and understanding what they require or need
- Taking them to the book shelves where they can find relevant material or getting them specific books they asked for
- Entering each book or other literature that customer buy in the record
- Doing inventory of the books and other stuff in the shop
- Ordering new books and magazines from distributors and suppliers
- Arranging books in proper places and assigning references to them
- Assisting customers with their questions or queries
- Keeping the bookshop organized and clean
Salary of a Bookseller:
Booksellers usually work as part time because this job has flexible hours. Usually these booksellers don’t make that good money but it’s good enough for a part time job. Due to the reasons of less salary and part time, mostly students and females apply for this job as it is easy for the students to cover their shifts with study and it’s also convenient for the females to work and support their families i.e. children with flexible work hours. You can also understand that most of these booksellers are hired on hourly basis where they earn around $12 per hour and if these booksellers are hired on regular salary, they can earn up to $30,000 per year.
Essential skills to include in the Bookseller Resume:
- Good interest in books and literature
- Good management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent people skills
- Multitasking skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computer programs
Useful tips for writing the Bookseller Resume:
- The key purpose of your resume is to get you an interview so you better keep that in mind. This document will present your first impression in front of your employer so it should be eye catching.
- This is kind of a simple resume so you better keep it to only one page or don’t exceed two pages if required. There is no need to add an additional page just because you want to talk about your hobbies and other personal stuff.
- You shouldn’t use an old objective from another job application because the objective is the one thing that attracts the recruiter so you better make it different.
- Spend some time with the resume and pour your own thoughts on paper instead of just copy pasting sentences.
- This is not some common document that you can play with so you need to concentrate on what you are adding and how you are adding stuff in the resume. Avoid using colorful paper and fonts and stick to a simple template.
Sample Bookseller Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Bookseller Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Bookseller Resume,