A data manager in a clinic or a research facility makes sure that the results coming from research processes and laboratory trails are accurately entered in the database. In simple words, a data manager is involved from the beginning of a trail to the selection of research teams to the publication of the research theories and results. Generally a clinical data manager deals with the results and side effects of different medicine on patients, regular ongoing operations and experiments in the laboratory and the medical related problems the world is having. Mostly we found these data managers in government health departments, pharmaceutical companies and research laboratories.
Job Responsibilities of a Clinical Data Manager:
- Preparing data analysis activities and performances and research documents related to experiments or ongoing research in the department.
- Keeping an eye on the clerical work in the facility such as receipts, data entries, document verification and file systems.
- Supervising the data entering into main database and making sure the junior staff won’t make any mistake.
- Participating with other departments to design and test the logic checks.
- Making strategies for receiving and saving the data files and documents in the facility.
- Researching on various software or computer programs and designing a new one is necessary.
- Regularly verifying clinical instruments and equipments to make sure everything is in order.
Salary of a Clinical Data Manager:
A clinical data manager is like the administration of a clinic or hospital so he gets paid very good salary figure. Their salary usually depends on the size of the medical facility and the location such as this position is considered very important in European countries where people in China and India don’t consider it as an essential part of their hospitals or clinics. Generally a data manager earns about $70000 per year at the initial level of this career and this figure goes up to $125000 after two to three years of experience. It also depends on the amount of responsibilities and kind of tasks that are assigned to the manager.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Clinical Data Manager Resume:
- First of all, you have to be sure that this is the job you want because sending resumes without proper consideration is just a waste of time.
- You have to write a unique objective which shows that you have the necessary abilities and not just filling the space with some copied lines from some website.
- Put all the information about your professional studies except high school diploma because it’s obvious that you have got it.
- If you have gained some extra certificates regarding finance or auditing, add that too but only if it’s related with the data management.
- Everybody knows about the tasks of a manager so tell about your previous achievements instead of duties.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- Don’t use a resume which contains more than one page. The main purpose or a resume is to get you interview so don’t pour all of the useless and irrelevant information.
- Avoid giving personal information and keep the resume professional.
- Don’t lie about your past experience or education because soon you will get caught and get fired.
- Don’t send the resume without proofreading it and then remove the mistake you made in it.
- Don’t use same words or phrases for explaining something more than once. Always come up with new and unique words and creative sentences.
Sample Clinical Data Manager Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Clinical Data Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Clinical Data Manager Resume,