All medical related workers such as doctors, physicians, surgeons and nurses receive two types of education in their study period. One is based on the text books and written literature they receive in the class rooms and educational conferences and it’s entirely based on written efforts. The second part is based on the practical work and experimental learning they acquire in a clinic or a hospital. There they are given the practical instructions on the studies they have done over the past four years and these instructions are given by a senior doctor and he is called a clinical instructor. All medical employees learn the practical techniques and methods under the supervision of a clinical instructor and this learning period is also called house training and a doctor in this period is known as house doctor.
Job Responsibilities of a Clinical Instructor:
- The key responsibility of a clinical instructor is to provide knowledge and teach the practical methods and techniques to the junior doctors and other staff members.
- He has to make sure that students in the training period are having enough visits and learning how to implement the instructions they have learned in the books.
- Keeping a track of each experiment or visit so that there are no chances for repeating a procedure again and again.
- Keeping an eye on each student’s performance and guiding him for improvements.
- Preparing periodically performance reports for each student and passing these reports to the administration.
- Playing a role of mentor for the students and doing it by them before asking anything to the students.
Salary of a Clinical Instructor:
Clinical instructor is a very important job and only the persons with excellent work record are hired on this position and that explains the high figure salary one earns on this position. These instructors are mainly hired by government health agencies and private medical colleges who want their students to be trained under supervision of a senior doctor. The salary of an instructor depends upon the size, type and location of workplace such as in America, these instructors earn about $90000 per year where in China, people on same position earn about $50000 per year. Additionally it depends upon the local laws and regulations of a government regarding health department and welfare of common people.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Clinical Instructor Resume:
- Put your name and contact information at the start of the resume.
- Analyze the job and the medical facility thoroughly and then come up with the compatible abilities and skills needed for the job. This way you will be assuring that you have added just the right things.
- Write a new and unique objective which goes with the job and introduce you to the recruiter.
- Include information about your education but only the courses that are relevant to the job.
- Discuss special skills you have such as typing speed, operating medical related software, having good knowledge of financing or accounting and dealing people with great ease.
- Talk about your experiences which are relevant to the job and attach the certificates you got for doing a volunteer work if you have any.
- If you have practiced in a medical field like basic first aid, CPR or operation assisting, put that in your resume.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- Don’t send the resume without proofreading it. You should do it twice and better ask someone else to do it for you.
- Remove any grammatical or spellings mistakes and you can get from literature, dictionary and encyclopedia.
- Unless you are damn sure, don’t discuss facts and figures as there is a risk of mistake all the time.
- Don’t add any personal information which is not relevant such as hobbies or favorite music.
- Don’t provide a long list of skills as this makes you look unprofessional. Discuss some of them and save the remaining for interview.
Sample Clinical Instructor Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Clinical Instructor Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Clinical Instructor Resume,