A few years back, this profession was created to help the children in their early years of life. The purpose of this treatment or procedure is to navigate the child’s life towards a better future, along with help of his family members i.e. parents and siblings. A professional, who uses his education, training and research to develop a child’s early stages of life that is having difficulties in growing or passing through tests. This kind of education or special treatment is needed mostly when a child suffered from some family problems such as divorce of his parents or sudden death of a father or mother. Sometimes it’s just the side effects when a child sees that his parents are always fighting with each other or when he sees his mother beaten by father, it leaves very disturbing affects on his conscious and unconscious mind.
Job Responsibilities of Early Childhood Specialist:
- The key responsibility of this specialist is to help the child grow in a normal way as others.
- It starts when parents show their concerns about their child or when child welfare department hires this specialist to treat an orphan child or a foster kid.
- Meeting with the child and trying to become his friend so that he feels safe and secure around you.
- Contacting the previous doctor who treated the child before and finding the medical history of that child.
- Reading child’s medical files and disabilities and by having various conversations with the child, examining his behavior and symptoms to diagnose the real secret behind his illness or mental disorder.
- Developing a proper therapy plan for the treatment of the child and with friendly talks, convincing him that you are helping him and not going to hurt him in any way.
- Using all the resources at disposal so that the results or progress of each method can be compare later.
Salary of an Early Childhood Specialist:
The salary of an early childhood specialist mainly depends upon the facility or the institute he is working in. for example a preschool pays this specialist more than a hospital but the burden of work in the school is also more than the hospital. The salary also depends on the amount of responsibilities one has in the workplace. Some of these specialists also run their own private clinics which means their income depends upon the time they spend on the clinic or number of patients they see on daily basis. Usually the salary of a childhood specialist is about $45000 per year and in case of a private clinic, this specialist charges about $20 per hour.
Here are the Guidelines to create early Childhood Specialist Resume:
- Having great experience doesn’t mean that you have to discuss everything. Many of the applicants don’t realize that which experience is needed to discuss and which ones are not.
- Include your name and contact information like email, permanent address and phone number on the top of the resume in bold font so it will be noticed immediately and remembered.
- Put an objective by reviewing the job very carefully and never use a pre-written objective from a previous application. Objective is a paragraph which tells that you are the perfect match for the job you are applying for so make it unique.
- Now it’s time to put all about your experience but only write about those jobs which are related to childhood specialty. If you have many experiences, only add the most recent and important ones.
- Starting from your university qualification, write about your studies but don’t add something stupid like your high school education because it’s obvious that you have got that.
- Unless you are asked to, there is no need to discuss your references because it just looks like you are bribing your employer.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- This is an entry level job so don’t exceed more than one page.
- Don’t provide personal information like your hobbies or favorite poet because no one will be interested in that.
- There is no need to add a photo in this resume because it’s about counseling not acting or filming.
- Don’t provide anything about a job if it’s not relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Don’t send the resume without proofreading it or it will be better if you ask someone else to do it for you.
Sample Early Childhood Specialist Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Early Childhood Specialist Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Early Childhood Specialist Resume,