When you want to enroll your kids in a school or if you want to know about a college or university where you want to study, you go to the admissions or enrollment department where the enrollment counselor helps you out to find if you or your kids are good fit for the school, college or university. This way we can say that enrollment counselors assist students and their parents with making choices and processing their admission in the institution.
Job Responsibilities and duties of Enrollment Counselor:
- Meeting with students and their parents in college or university
- Providing the visitors with necessary details and information about the institution
- Assisting the students and parents with making choices in the education career
- Preparing paperwork and documents to complete the enrollment of students
- Processing the documents and handing them over to other departments i.e. management, administration or faculty members
- Dealing with issues and problems in between school and students
- Meeting with parents and informing them about their kids
- Taking useful part in building good relationships between students, parents and school faculty members
Salary of Enrollment Counselor:
The duties and responsibilities of an enrollment counselor are much similar to the clerical and assistant work and that’s why these counselors don’t get very good salary figures. Usually it depends on each university, college and educational institute that how much their enrollment counselor earns but most of the time, the salary depends on the duties and responsibilities of the counselor along with the number of students in the college or university. Usually an enrollment counselor earns around $40000 per year.
Required Skills for an Enrollment Counselor Resume:
- Active listening
- Critical thinking
- Good decision making skills
- Judgment qualities
- Time management
- Good communication skills
- Good people skills
- Good organizational skills
- Social skills
- Coordination skills
- Negotiation skills
- Good evaluation and analysis skills
Useful Tips for Writing an Enrollment Counselor Resume:
- Put your name and contact information in bold characters at the top of your resume so it will be easy to see and remember. Start with this section and then add other details.
- Don’t use an old objective from a different job application because every job is one of a kind.
- An employer doesn’t have time to read every line carefully and lookout for the lines where you explained your past accomplishments and achievements. Use bullet points to enlist the skills and achievements of previous work instead of using paragraphs.
- If you don’t have much experience, leave the space empty but don’t lie about anything. There is nothing wrong with having no experience and starting something fresh.
- Always look for the important requirements of the employer which may not be clear for the first time so read the ad twice. Always read the job advertisement carefully and see what the employer is looking for in the applicants.
- Don’t add anything about your personal information like number of kinds or social security number but just provide them the things they want to hear.
Sample Enrollment Counselor Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Enrollment Counselor Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Enrollment Counselor Resume,