A housekeeper is the cleaning person who is hired by hotels, bed and breakfast and residential owners for cleaning and vacuuming purposes. When these employees are hired for houses, they have the primary duty to keep the house clean, change the sheets, taking dirty sheets and covers in the laundry and cleaning them and cleaning the bathrooms where on the other hand, when they are hired in hotels, they perform the same duties but for the guests and customers coming in the hotel for stay.
Job Responsibilities of a Housekeeper:
- Preparing the room before guests come in for stay
- Cleaning the sheets and dusting the furniture and vacuuming the carpets
- Cleaning the bathrooms and making sure the necessary toiletries are there
- Welcoming the guests in the room and making sure they have everything they need
- Visiting the room every day for cleaning purposes and putting toiletries in the bathroom
- Once the guests left the room, cleaning it again for the next customers
- Taking the old and dirty sheets and putting them in the laundry
- Taking clean sheets and covers from the laundry and putting them in the rooms
Salary of a Housekeeper:
When we talk about the common housekeepers, they don’t get paid very well unless they are hired by five star hotels or by rich people who have good money and big houses. Mostly, these housekeepers are hired on hourly basis either it’s a resident or a hotel but there are still many places around the world where housekeepers are hired on regular salaries. Usually a housekeeper gets $15 per hour on hourly basis and when they are hired on regular salary, it’s about $30,000 per year. The money is not very good in this career but it’s a good career for females especially immigrant women who want to work with flexible hours and don’t speak local language very good.
Essential skills to include in the Housekeeper Resume:
- Good management skills
- Good people skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work late hours and without proper schedule
- Being able to work with stress
- Good cleaning skills
- Knowledge of how cleaning stuff works (i.e. detergents and cleaning chemicals)
Useful tips for writing the Housekeeper Resume:
- It’s very essential that you present every available detail in such a way that even if it’s not much, it doesn’t seem like that.
- Divide the resume in different sections and start with the information section where you put your name and contact information i.e. telephone number and mail address.
- Now put details about your education history and same as the experience, start with the professional degree you earned and go back up to graduation. Put the name of the institution, year of passing and name of course.
- Then discuss your employment career starting from the most recent job and going back up to the first job in this career that you did. Here you can add the people who you worked for and include the statement that if the employer needs, you will provide testimonies of previous clients.
- Don’t send out the resume without proofreading it. You should read it twice or better ask someone else to point out the mistakes for you.
- Don’t put too much information about your personal life because no one will have time to read all that.
Sample Housekeeper Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Housekeeper Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Housekeeper Resume,