It is very obvious from the title that a HSE or health, safety and environment officer is a person who is in charge or supervisor to make sure that the employees and workers of a workplace perform their responsibilities in an environment where there is no danger to their safety and health. There are two types of HSE officers; ones that are hired for employees health and safety purposes and the others that are hired for construction purposes in order to make a building more environment friendly and safe for residents.
Job Responsibilities of HSE Officer:
- Understanding the working of a company or building
- Identifying dangerous and hazardous conditions of a workplace
- Getting samples of the hazardous materials found in the work place and evaluating their affects and dangers to the employees
- Understanding the design of a building and coordinating with construction staff to make it better and human friendly with implementing health and safety rules
- Observing natural habitat of animals and plants and making changes to the construction of a building
- Making sure that the employees work safely and with healthy environment in a work place
- Coordinating with management and administration and advising them to take essential steps for health and safety purposes for the employees/workers.
Salary of HSE Officer:
As you can understand that health and safety rules and laws are different in every country and that’s why the responsibilities and job duties of a HSE officer also differ in various countries. Depending on the responsibilities, the job of a HSE officer also differs. Most of the time, these officers are hired on regular salary basis where some companies and organizations also hire them on hourly basis as well. Usually a HSE officer can earn up to $70,000 per year.
Key Skills Required for HSE Officer job:
- Being able to work under stress
- Being able to work in a team
- Being a good leader
- Good communication skills
- Good time and resource management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good management skills
Some Useful Tips for Writing HSE Officer Resume:
- There is no need to give a brief description about your each and every job either it’s related to the vacancy or not. Just add those works that has something to do with the relevant field or career.
- This is not some common document that you can play with so you need to spend some time with your resume while designing it. Avoid using colorful paper and fonts and stick to a simple template.
- Most of the applicants add an objective in their resumes and if you do the same, what the point of all that? That means you have to do something different such as an overview or your career summary. This fulfills the needs of an objective but looks quite impressive and catches the eyes immediately.
- Don’t make it too lengthy or so short that you missed putting important information. Instead of making your resume messy, save some things to discuss at the interview.
Sample HSE Officer Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample HSE Officer Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this HSE Officer Resume,