The assistants or lower level office employees that work in IT or computer related firms and offices are known as the IT assistants. These assistants have professional education and experience in IT related field and they know how to assist senior staff members in the office with common tasks and routine responsibilities and duties. They provide full assistance to all members in the office from troubleshooting the computer systems to maintaining other equipment i.e. printers or scanner to preparing documents and keeping record or entering data in the database.
Job Responsibilities and duties of IT Assistant:
- Assisting the office staff and senior members with installing programs on computers
- Assisting senior members with networking issues in the office
- Helping other members and IT specialists to develop data storage architecture
- Helping and assisting office staff members with implementing new technologies or software programs in the office
- Helping seniors with system development process
- Providing assistance for other equipment for end user i.e. scanners, printers or multimedia display equipment
- Providing assistance and necessary training to new staff members in the office
Salary of IT Assistant:
The key responsibility of an IT assistant is to assist and help the senior computer and IT staff in the office. That’s why this job also falls in the category of clerical staff members so these IT assistants don’t get paid with good salaries, as they don’t handle very high profile responsibilities. Usually these assistants are hired on hourly basis where on the other hand, with regular salary basis, IT assistant can earn up to $65000 per year.
Required skills for an IT Assistant Resume:
- Good communication skills
- Good time and resource management skills
- Good people skills
- Multitasking skills
- Good organizational skills
- Being able to work under stress
- Being punctual on work
- Being able to work in team
- Being motivated
- Good decision making skills
- Good knowledge of computer programs
- Good analysis and evaluation skills of IT
Useful tips for writing an IT Assistant Resume:
- It is better that you make separate spaces for each section on the resume i.e. personal info, contact details, education details and employment history. Start with the work experience and then add other sections.
- If you have no experience, leave that space empty but don’t lie or put wrong experience.
- Before explaining your education or anything else, discuss the experiences you have right after the objective or career summary. This way it’s easy to access and analyze.
- Avoid using complicated words and sentences and also don’t repeat the same words more than once.
- Don’t make it look too complicated by using different colors or fonts just to be creative. Keep it simple and easy to analyze.
- There is no need to talk about your previous tasks and duties but write about the achievements and awards you won and the abilities you have gained which will help you at this job.
- No matter how much experience you have, don’t analyze the company you are applying to and don’t suggest them any ideas.
Sample IT Assistant Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample IT Assistant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this IT Assistant Resume,