Those who are referred to as junior architects are the people that just got out of graduation school and received a professional degree in architecture but don’t have any experience in the field. These degree holders are hired by professional architecture firms and construction companies as assistants or junior architects. Key responsibility of a junior architect is to observe the working of senior staff members and to evaluate what they do and how they do it. The list of their responsibilities also includes conducting research on new trends in the world and how to deal with various problems in the field.
Job Responsibilities of a Junior Architect:
- Assisting senior staff members i.e. executive or senior architects in the company
- Preparing sketches and other paper work for senior members
- Observing the work activities of senior members
- Arranging meetings for senior members and attending those meetings and taking notes of what happens in the meetings
- Coordinating with other team members and helping them in regular work activities
Salary of a Junior Architect:
Junior architects are hired usually as assistants and coordinators for the senior architects in the company and at this position, they usually just observe the work of senior members and help them with regular or routine work activities. This explains that these architects get basic salary packages with their jobs in construction companies. Salary of a junior architect usually starts from $40,000 per year and it increases as they get more experienced in the field.
Key skills to include in the Junior Architect Resume:
- Knowledge of architecture
- Knowledge of architectural principles
- Knowledge of architectural techniques and formulas
- Knowledge of building material types and different construction methods
- Good knowledge of CAD designing and handling of other design software programs
- Good skills in drafting architectural drawing and sketches
- Good grip on new trends and construction methods in buildings around the world
Useful tips for creating Junior Architect Resume:
- You know that the resume is the key element that speaks to the employer before you and it’s the main factor that decides if you are getting an interview or not. This is why it is really important that you create the resume that speaks for the needs and requirements of the employer.
- There is no need to add any personal information such as the marital status or bank accounts as this will only make your resume look messy and it is no good for the employer’s consideration.
- Grammatical and spelling mistakes are the worst enemies for you while hunting for a job. There is nothing more boring and disturbing for an employer than reading a resume with several mistakes and typos. This is why it is really important that when you finish the resume, proofread it at least twice.
- Always make sure that even if there are many days in the deadline to send the resume, you complete your work early and send the resume as soon as possible. This will give the employer more time to go through your resume thoroughly before dozens of other resumes arrive a day before the deadline.
Sample Junior Architect Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Junior Architect Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Junior Architect Resume,