Architect is a professional who understands construction and design trends for buildings and other civil construction projects i.e. schools, bridges, highways and airports. In this field, the architects that specialize and work only in wide spread areas and lands are known as landscape architects. These architects are hired by professional companies and construction firms for designing construction on wide lands including airports, bypasses, highways, bus terminals, universities, parks, stadiums and dams. As these architects have experience and educational history in dealing with landscapes, they know how to create different sections in a landscape and how to divide each of these sections for various purposes so that all the available land can be used effectively.
Job Responsibilities of a Landscape Architect:
- Meeting with the client or project supervisor and understanding needs and requirements of the project
- Conducting several types of surveys on the landmark to understand and evaluate different features of the land
- Getting soil samples from the site and conducting various tests on it
- Understanding the need and requirements of the project and start working on rough sketches
- Designing the building in 3D form using computer software program
- Discussing the final ideas with the client and making effective changes as suggested
- Preparing final drawings and blueprints for the construction of the project
- Preparing estimated figures including cost, time and resources
Salary of a Landscape Architect:
Salary of a landscape architect depends on the type and size of project as the architects that deal with small landscapes earn less money as compared to those who work with bigger and wider landscapes. Their salaries also depend on the prior education and experience in the field i.e. the architect with more experience and number of successful projects in his portfolio can earn more money as compared to those who just started their career in this field. Usually a landscape architect can earn up to $70,000 per year in the beginning of his career.
Useful tips for creating Landscape Architect Resume:
- Always go through the resume after completing it so that if there are any kinds of mistakes, you can remove them. It is better if you ask someone else to read it for you and point out the mistakes that you can’t locate by yourself.
- Objective is the most important part of the resume as this decides if the employer wants to read your resume or not. Make sure to write a unique and job description related objective and avoid using readymade or usual types of statements in the objective and create something new.
- While applying for a job, your key objective is to get the job so there is no need to add any objective on the resume because most of the employers don’t care about it as much as you think.
- Rather than using common words like good communicator or team player, use the words that are more unique and eye catching for the employer.
Sample Landscape Architect Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Landscape Architect Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Landscape Architect Resume,