An architect is a professional that understands what a client wants and then designs a building or any other type of civil construction project i.e. highway, bridge, airport, dam or amusement parks. Usually when a simple or small project is taken by an architect, he works on the project solely where on the other hand, when a big or international project is under discussion, it is not possible for a single architect to handle the job but he has to assemble a team of architects and lead their work activities.
The most experienced architect that handles the responsibilities of a team of architects is known as lead architect. A lead architect has the responsibility of meeting with the client and understanding what kind of project he is looking for and what features he wants to see in the final model. After creating design of the building, the lead architect divides different parts or sections of the project to team members and supervises their activities along with coordinating with them on every step of the project and assisting them in their problems and issues related to the work.
Key Skills Required for the Job of Lead Architect:
- More than five years of experience in the field of architecture
- Strong concepts of different areas of architecture both traditional and modern
- Strong communicational skills
- Being a good team leader
- Critical thinking skills
- Good management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation and discussion skills
- Good grip on design software programs
Salary of a Lead Architect:
Salary of a lead architect depends on the type and size of project along with the size of the team i.e. how many other architects will work in the team; the more the team members, the higher the lead architect is paid. Also, it is quite understandable from the title of this position that a lead architect is paid more than the other architects including senior and junior architects. Usually a lead architect can earn more than $250,000 per year.
Useful tips for Creating Lead Architect Resume:
- Make sure that you don’t put anything wrong on the resume as false statements or claims might get you an interview but there won’t be any job for you when your employer finds out that you falsify on the resume intentionally.
- Rather than using common words like good communicator or team player, use the words that are more unique and eye catching for the employer.
- There is no shame in asking for help from a professional source. If you don’t know how to create a resume, you should get help from a professional writer or a website on internet as it’s better than sending a foolish looking resume.
- Always make sure to send the resume as soon you hear about the job so that your resume arrives earlier at the company and gets more attention.
- Eliminate the irrelevant or less important stuff and it is better if you start with the most important stuff and at the end, if there is some space left, you can put the less important details.
Sample Lead Architect Resume:
Here is preview a Free Sample Lead Architect Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Lead Architect Resume,