In hotels, it is very important to keep a good and hygienic environment in which staff members always wear clean dresses and uniforms. Linen attendants are hired in hotels and other facilities i.e. hospitals and clinics and the key responsibility of linen attendant are to receive used uniforms and linen from staff members and delivering them to the laundry. After the uniforms are cleaned, it is also duty of linen attendant to verify if they are properly cleaned and then putting them in shelves so that the staff members can easily access them.
Job Responsibilities and duties of Linen Attendant:
- Putting uniforms and linen in containers for delivering them to laundry
- Keeping record of each delivery with number and types of items in each container
- Receiving laundered uniforms and linen from laundry
- Examining the laundered uniform and linen to see if they are properly washed and cleaned
- Delivering damaged or torn uniforms to tailor for repair
- Putting cleaned uniforms and linen in shelves according to description of each item
- Dealing with people and giving them their uniforms and linen
Salary of Linen Attendant:
This is a very basic and low profile job that doesn’t require any professional training or good experience but as a downside, it doesn’t pay that well either. The money is not very good in this career so that’s why only teenagers, students and females work on this position because of flexible work hours and fewer job responsibilities. It depends on each company and its geographical location in states that how much it pays to the linen attendants. Usually a linen attendant can earn up to $20000 per year.
Essential Elements for a Linen Attendant Resume:
- Personal information
- Work related experience
- Awards and accomplishments
- Hobbies/favorite activities
- Job related skills
- Computer skills
- Reference for previous employment
- Community or welfare work
Useful Tips for Writing a Linen Attendant Resume:
- Instead of talking about your responsibilities at previous jobs, talk about your achievements.
- If you have learned some extra skills about customer communication, mention them in your resume but also leave something to talk about in the interview.
- Instead of using lengthy or dense paragraphs, just make bullet points of your achievements and skills you have learned from the previous jobs.
- Just add one line that you have references that will be provided on demand but as long as you are not asked, don’t give your references.
- There is no need to create a resume which includes more than one page unless you have more than enough experience.
- Always create a new resume for this job instead of using a previous one.
- Always include your employment and educational history in separate sections and prefer to talk about your most recent degree and job in the beginning.
- Don’t make it too lengthy because that way it’s difficult to analyze in short time.
- Always make sure to proofread the resume before sending it. Read it by yourself or ask a friend to go through it.
Sample Linen Attendant Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Linen Attendant Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Linen Attendant Resume,