A Medical Advisor is a professional who provides medical related information to companies and individuals and explains medical conditions to non-medical persons. This career doesn’t require you to have a full doctor’s degree but with short courses and a little work under supervision of a senior doctor can provide you the certificate to start your job in this career. It’s not possible for many of us to have up-to-date knowledge about the medical field and remember all the related terms and in case of an emergency, a Medical Advisor comes handy with his latest knowledge about the medical field. If we describe it in simple words, a Medical Advisor is actually a consultant who refers the patients to other doctors and physicians according to their needs and requirements.
Job Responsibilities of a Medical Advisor:
- Plan and prepare reports and proposals for the clients for current and upcoming medical needs of a client.
- Interaction with senior medical officers regarding each client’s particular situation.
- Assuring the selection and design of medical procedures with various medical teams.
- Staying up-to-date with the present ongoing medical strategies and standard treatment procedures.
- Keep researching on the latest techniques, experiences and approaches on different diseases.
- Consulting different professionals or senior doctors in order to make a treatment plan for a patient.
- Attending medical conferences, seminars and meeting of professional doctors in order to share your thoughts and getting to know the field more closely.
Salary of a Medical Advisor:
Medical advising is kind of an assisting job in the medical field so that means most medical advisors run their own consultancy centers where they deal with patients and refer them to the appropriate doctors according to their conditions and illness. This means the income of an advisor depends upon the time he dedicates to the work and the number of customers he deals with on daily basis. It’s not possible to track the exact salary figure but usually a medical advisor earns about $50000 per year on initial stages and this figure goes up to $80000 after a few years of experience and contacts in the field.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Medical Advisor Resume:
- Put your name and contact information at the start of the resume in bold fonts so it will be very easy to find and process.
- Analyze the job and the company thoroughly and then come up with the compatible abilities and skills needed for the job. This way you will be assuring that you have added just the right things.
- Instead of using readymade lines, write a new and unique objective which goes with the job and introduce you to the recruiter.
- Include information about your education but only the courses that are relevant to the job.
- Discuss special skills you have such as typing speed, operating medical related software, having good knowledge of financing or accounting and dealing people with great ease.
- Talk about your experiences which are relevant to the job and attach the certificates you got for doing a volunteer work if you have any.
- If you have studied in a medical field like basic first aid, CPR or operation assisting, put that in your resume.
- Spend a little time designing the resume and don’t send out an old one which you have used in a previous job. Always update your resume on regular basis.
Elements to avoid in this Resume:
- Don’t put your personal information like marital status or number of kids because no one will have time to review that.
- Don’t add information about a job that is not related with the banking sector.
- If you have a lot of experience and it’s taking more than one page, just add the most recent and important details and don’t use a resume with more than one page.
- Don’t send the resume without proofreading it and removing the mistakes.
- Don’t exceed two pages and if there are still some things to discuss, keep them for the interview.
Sample Medical Advisor Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Medical Advisor Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Medical Advisor Resume,