A Billing Manager in a hospital or private clinic supervises all the administration tasks and oversees the performance and capabilities of each employee in a medical facility. This manager has the same duties as the managers in other fields; from hiring new staff to training them and promoting or demoting them. This employee makes sure that the patients get all the facilities in the same way they are supposed to and he is responsible to maintain a perfect environment in the hospital or clinic. A Billing Manager is the in charge of a clinic either the doctors are in the clinic or not. All the employees in the hospital are required to answer him and do exactly as he says.
Job Responsibilities of a Medical Billing Manager:
- The key responsibility of a billing manager in a hospital is to supervise the daily functions of a hospital and to eliminate the mistakes and errors in order to provide better services to the community.
- He is responsible for hiring, interviewing and training the staff along with promoting them on their performance or firing them because of bad behavior or skills.
- Maintaining a steady environment in the office and in case of a dispute, taking care of the problem and making sure everyone is satisfied with the decision.
- Overseeing the accounts department to make sure that everything is in order and there is no mistake in the figures.
- Preparing monthly reports by interviewing random patients and their families about the services of the hospital and the behavior of the staff members. Presenting the report to the directors with personal suggestions to improve any unprofessional habits or behavior.
Salary of a Medical Billing Manager:
The salary of a billing manager in medical field mainly depends upon the place they work in. for example a hospital will pay a lot more to this manager as compared to a private clinic or therapy centre. Also it depends on the responsibilities one has in the medical facility and type of work he deals with. This is why it’s not possible to track the exact salary of a billing manager but usually it’s around $50000 per year at the initial stages and after two to three years of experience, it goes up to $75000 per year. There are many hospitals that hire these managers on hourly basis where one earns about $15 per hour.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Medical Billing Manager Resume:
- When a job is offered thousands of applicants send resume which makes it a stressful job for the recruiter to go through every resume so when it comes to a pile of resumes, employer tend to choose simple ones which are easy to read and analyze. So don’t hesitate sending out a resume with left over empty space because there are chances that you will be asked for an interview.
- It’s just a childish act to use a different font only to look different among other applicants. Stick to simple fonts and single color which may not seem very trendy but believe me, it’s the right one.
- Read the job ad very carefully and then write an objective which suits the job. Don’t kill your first impression by putting an old or several times used objective but always write a new one.
- High light the skills you have which are necessary for the job and the related achievements you had during previous jobs which may help you at this job.
- Put your name and contact information at the top of your resume in slightly bold font so it will be easy to access and remember.
- Proofread the resume twice and look for tiny mistakes of grammar and spellings which will are hard to find but your recruiter will see them at the first glance.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- Don’t use a resume which contains more than one page. The main purpose or a resume is to get you interview so don’t pour all of the useless and irrelevant information.
- Avoid giving personal information like marital status or social security number because no one will have time to review all that and it will just make your resume look messy.
- Don’t lie about your past experience or education because soon you will get caught and get fired.
- Don’t use same words or sentences again and again but always use a new word and create a unique sentence to describe the same thing again.
Sample Medical Billing Manager Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Medical Billing Manager Resume,
Here is download link for this Medical Billing Manager Resume,