It’s pretty obvious what a receptionist do in an office or a company. Same like that, a receptionist in a hospital or clinic does his or her work but there is a slight difference. The receptionist in a hospital sits on the front desk, meets with the patients, prepares their medical chart and refers them to a particular doctor or facility in the hospital. When it comes to a private clinic, the receptionist meets with the income people and answers the calls, makes the appointments for the patients to visit and assists the doctor in other routine tasks such as mailing and receiving the letters, taking the delivery on behalf of the doctor and providing customer care to the patients.
Job Responsibilities of a Receptionist:
- Answering the phone calls and meeting with the people personally in the hospital.
- Providing the procedures of hospital to the patients and helping them.
- Making appointments with the patients and making schedule for the doctor.
- Dealing with all kinds of mails and deliveries for the staff of the hospital.
- Maintaining a clean environment at the entry point of the hospital so that it leaves good impression on the patients and their families.
- Making sure the each patient will be in the hospital according to the appointment schedule and if someone is not coming, rescheduling the meeting for that day.
- Keeping check in and checkout record for each patient and preparing their medical chart in order to facilitate the doctor.
Salary of a Medical Receptionist:
It’s a pretty basic job for everyone and that’s why a medical receptionist doesn’t get paid that well. Although it also depends on the size of workplace and the responsibilities one has but usually it’s about $30000 per year. It doesn’t require for a person to have a professional degree so this is why we mostly see teenagers doing this job. It’s kind of a part time employment and you can’t keep on this post forever. But it’s a fact that those who can’t deal with a full time job or have a family to take care of, apply for this job because mainly hospitals and clinics hire the receptionists on hourly basis where they make about $10 per hour.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Medical Receptionist Resume:
- Divide the resume into several different parts and start with the personal information section. In this section you put your name and basic personal info like DOB and religion along with your contact addresses i.e. telephone numbers and mailing addresses.
- If you have decide to put a career summary or previous employment overview it’s a good choice but there is also nothing wrong about writing an objective too. Either way you should always use your own words and avoid copy pasting this part.
- After that you discuss your previous employment history. Start with the most recent job and go further in past. Put job title, company name and duration of employment there for each work.
- If you have achieved some milestones in your career like an award or something, mention that here.
- Here in the education section, write about your studies and short courses you attended. Start with the most recent course or a professional degree and go up to graduation level. Put institution name, course name and passing year for each degree.
- Special skills you have such as speaking more than one language, fast typing speed or good communication skills are important to discuss here. This will force the recruiter to call you for an interview just because of curiosity.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- Don’t provide previous company references unless you are asked to.
- No matter how much experience you have or how talented you think you are, don’t analyze the company you are applying to and don’t suggest them any ideas. This won’t make you look intelligent but make them dumb and fool.
- Don’t add anything about your personal information like number of kinds or social security number but just provide them the things they want to hear.
- Don’t send out the same resume which you used in some other organization. Always use a fresh and new theme and style for the resume.
Sample Medical Receptionist:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Medical Receptionist Resume,
Here is download link for this Medical Receptionist Resume,