A Medical Representative usually works in pharmaceutical sales or medical or surgical equipment sales. A Medical Representative is like a salesman who goes to various hospitals or private clinics, gets to know their needs and requirements and then present the products he is selling. This career doesn’t require you to be a doctor or have the technical knowledge about an instrument but you need to spend some time in the field and get to know the general terms so that you can easily communicate with the doctors and hospital management. Companies, who manufacture medical equipment and common supplies, hire these representatives and they mostly work in the field.
Job Responsibilities of a Medical Representative:
- Helping the companies that manufacture hospital equipments and supplies in order to increase their sales.
- Meeting with clients on daily basis and presenting them the sales pitch about the products you are presenting.
- Facilitating the clients according to their convenience and as the face of the company in the market, acting well behaved and well-mannered.
- Properly asking about the needs of each client and by doing a background check, making sure you are providing them the best available option.
- Providing all the related information to the clients and by analyzing their situation, suggesting the best option for them.
- Asking the clients about their concerns and taking their criticism to the company management to improve the quality of products.
- Keeping in touch with the clients in order to make them feel that they really matter to you and your organization.
Salary of a Medical Representative:
It’s defined up there that a medical representative is just like a salesman in any other field. The one job he has is to sell the products i.e. medicines to the hospitals as much as possible. This means one doesn’t need to have a professional or medical degree to enter in this career so because of the same reason, this career doesn’t has that much to offer. A usual medical representative, who is working on regular salary, earns about $50000 per year but mostly these salesmen work on commission on the sale they make. In that case, the income of the representative depends upon the quantity of work he does and how much dedicated is he with the job.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Medical Representative Resume:
- Try to keep the resume as short as possible and make sure that it doesn’t exceed of one page. If there is too much to tell, just discuss the important stuff and keep the rest for later when you are called for an interview.
- Think of your resume as a demonstrator for you in front of the recruiter. So design such a document that sell your capabilities and definitely get you an interview.
- Keep it professional and avoid using wrong sentences or inappropriate words which can make you look smaller.
- Only discus the things or jobs that are related to customer services or only if they will help you at the job you are applying for.
- Instead of just telling about your previous duties or tasks, talk about your achievements I mean discuss the numbers and increases sales figures which happened because of you.
- Proofread the resume to eliminate any grammatical or spelling mistakes which can ruin your first expression.
Elements to avoid in this Resume:
- Don’t use a resume which contains more than one page. If there is not enough space, skip the less important stuff.
- Don’t use a colorful or multi font resume because simpler you make it, easy it will be to analyze.
- Don’t lie about your education or experience. Leave the resume blank if there isn’t much to put.
- No matter how great it was and skilled it made you, don’t discuss a job which has nothing to do with dental practice.
- Don’t provide your references at the beginning unless you are asked to.
Sample Medical Representative Resume:
Here is preview of this Free Sample Medical Representative Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Medical Representative Resume,