Before discussing the things about network security professional resume, we have to learn what is network security? And what are the responsibilities of network security professional. Network security is based on activities to maintain and protect network. Lots of security threats happened to come when a network is working and security professionals have to deal with:
- Viruses, worms, Trojan horses
- Spyware, adware
- Data theft and interception
- Identity theft
Different programs and plans are developed by security professionals to protect networks from threats. The job of network security professional is very responsible and you need to be updated with newly coming threats and programs to protect the network. A network security professional must have all related knowledge and required qualification to deal with network security issues. If you are looking for the position of network security professional, you will have to create a good resume. What a good resume is? Obviously a correct, concise and professional looking resume can make you win your desired job. Your resume must stand out in the stake. Here are some useful tips and instructions about what you should add or omit in making a well drafted resume.
- Some employers do not consider objective statement a necessary element to add in the resume because sometimes an objective statement does not match with the position for a candidate goes to apply. You should omit objective statement in such situation or must try to match it with the position you are going to apply.
- You must focus on the position that matches with your interests and capabilities. You can submit different resumes for different positions posted in the same organization but don’t forget to change objective statement.
- Spelling and grammar mistakes are very common in resume and this thing leaves very bad impression on employer. Keep proper grammar check on your resume and make it correct.
- Being redundant is another thing that mostly candidates do and lose the chance of getting job. Writing resume in extra length never impress the employer only important things should be added in resume.
- Keywords are very important to put in resume but excess of everything is bad. Using too much keywords make your resume totally unrealistic and never considered by employers even to write it.
- Showing your expertise in the field of network security can make things difficult for you. Network security is such an industry where come multiple dimensions to work in. knowledge and skills also vary according to different types of work so if you say you are expert of all these, this would not be suitable.
- You should not overemphasize on extracurricular activities while writing your resume for network security professional. The position of network security professional is related to work in the organization not for external activities and competitions so you must mention them in a general way or omitting them would also be good for you.
All these are dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind while preparing a well drafted and professional like resume.
Here is Free Sample Network Security Professional Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Network Security Professional Resume,