Office manager is an important person because he/she is responsible to organize everything related to office therefore employers want a person for this position with organizational skills and cost reduction talent. If you have organization skill and are quite confident about your career growth in this profession then it is necessary to design a resume. A well tailored resume should highlight your education, experience and other skills necessary that are necessary to run an office effectively. Job description of office manager is a best source to know about the specific skills required in this profession. Organizations require confident and skilled candidate for this position therefore it is necessary to design your resume in a way to persuade potential employer. Only a good resume can increase your chances of interview call.
Job Description of Office Manager
Job description of office manager may vary from place to place but some common job responsibilities are as under:
Office manager is responsible to take different decisions confidently to improve the efficiency of office. He/she should handle and manage different business aspects according to the nature of organization. Office manager is responsible to handle different responsibilities from accounts of the office to regular administrative operations.
Tips to Design Office Manager Resume
Office manager resume should highlight important details related to the job and for your convenience following are some tips to design office manager resume:
- Your resume should highlight your ability of quick decision making because potential employer requires a confident person who can take quick decisions to improve the efficiency of organization.
- You have to outline different accomplishments in the resume related to previous job experiences. It will be good to state your experience in which you have reduce the cost of office expenditure or increase the productivity level without increasing any budget just with the help of your strong decision making skills and effective management.
- Try to list everything in few possible words because lengthy stories or too wordiness can decrease the value of your resume. It will be good to divide your resume in different sections and subsections to properly highlight everything.
- It is essential to display your educational background especially the degree of business administration or any other management degree because it is required in this field. If you have any special certifications according to the requirement of industry then highlight it in the section of educational background.
- Experience section serves as the backbone of resume because past job history and references will help potential employer to know about your credentials and credibility. Include only relevant experience in this section and write name of organization, job title, duration of employment and important job duties.
- In the experience section, you can write number of employees you have managed during your job and specific initiatives that you have taken to increase the productivity of the organization or to resolve any conflict among workers and different activities.
- Proofread your resume more than twice to remove any logical or grammatical mistake. It will help you to modify important sections of the resume before taking final printout.
Things to Avoid
Following things should be avoided because these are known as resume killers and can cause serious problems:
- Avoid vague terms and jargons like RTP, DIV, VP etc. from including in the resume as these can kill the whole purpose of resume.
- Misrepresentation will not benefit you so you have to be really careful while including important details in the office manager resume.
- Irrelevant and fluffy stuff will waste the time of reader so keep your resume informative by including relevant details.
Sample Office Manager Resume
Here is preview of this Sample Office Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Sample Office Manager Resume,