It happens sometimes that a person is not injured or suffering from a disease but internally, he is not well. In that case, it’s obvious that there is something mentally wrong with him or he is having a disability in his unconscious mind. This type of illness refers to psyche problems and the professional who deals, diagnose and cure these type of disorders is called a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is a person who hasn’t earned a medical degree but specialized in a psychiatry field in which he deals with people’s minds and personality disorders. This type of study takes three to four years of education to earn a license to treat the patients with mental disorders.
Job Responsibilities of a Psychiatrist:
- The key responsibility of a psychiatrist is to analyze the medical history of a patient, his behavior and symptoms to diagnose the exact mental problem he is having.
- Preparing a psychiatric strategy to deal with a patient’s mental disorders by implementing therapy sessions, medications and other treatments.
- When s unique patient arrives, consulting with other professional to discuss his symptoms and by sharing the observations, coming up with the perfect strategy to cure his illness.
- By reading the history of patient and talking to his family members, making sure that there is nothing missing and the patient is diagnosed with the correct illness he is suffering from.
- Getting to know a patient in the best way by having various sessions and just talking to him so that he opens his mind and tells you something anyone else doesn’t know about.
Salary of a Psychiatrist:
Just like many other fields of medical and health care, psychiatrists mostly run their own private clinics and therapy homes. But that’s not all and there are many hospitals that include psychiatrists in their permanent teams. When a psychiatrist is running his or her own clinic, earning depends on the working hours and the number of patients one can handle every day but on the contrary, when a psychiatrist is hired by a hospital on regular salary, one usually earns about $150000 per year. In private clinics the patients for therapy sessions pay on hourly basis usually about $200 per hour so it’s obvious that this career has a lot to offer.
Here are the Guidelines to create a Psychiatrist Resume:
- First of all make sure that this is the right job for you and you have all the necessary abilities and skills needed for the job otherwise it’s just a waste of time to send out a resume for such a job.
- Read the job description carefully and then write an objective which not just a sentence but your first impression in front of the recruiter.
- Always look for the hidden requirements of the employer which may not be clear for the first time so read the ad twice.
- There is no need to talk about your previous tasks and duties but write about the achievements and awards you won and the abilities you have gained which will help you at this job.
- Instead of creating dense paragraphs, use single sentences and bullets to highlight the things you want the employer to notice.
- Although there is no need to discuss about a job which is irrelevant but if you are creative you can write about any job and make it compatible with the vacancy you are applying for.
- Be confident about yourself and your expertise and don’t just send out a piece of paper but design a document that demonstrate the things you have and the skills you don’t even posses.
Elements not to include in this Resume:
- Don’t put personal information like hobbies or favorite writer because no one will have time to read that.
- Don’t make it look too complicated by using different colors or fonts just to be creative. Keep it simple and easy to analyze.
- Only provide the references which are good, reliable and authenticated and can give guarantee of your work and skills.
- If you don’t have much experience, leave the space empty but don’t lie about anything.
Avoid using complicated words and sentences and also don’t repeat the same words more than once. Try to create new words and creative sentences.
Here is preview of this Free Sample Psychiatrist Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Psychiatrist Resume,