A purchase agent is a professional buyer that individuals and companies hire for purchasing stuff on their behalf. With this professional agent, the individuals and companies don’t need to search for parties or sellers in the market but all the work is done by the purchase agent either it’s a property, house, building or just office supplies for corporations and organizations.
Job Responsibilities and duties of Purchase Agent:
- Meeting with clients/companies and understanding their needs and requirements
- Coming up with parties in the market after doing research
- Meeting with parties and presenting the needs of clients to them
- Scheduling meetings with both parties and assisting them in order to understand needs and requirements of each other
- Preparing documents and making purchase orders for the clients or companies
Salary of Purchase Agent:
Purchase agents are hired as the in charge or supervisor of buying each kind of stuff for a company or business but even if they handle thousands of dollars, they usually don’t get paid very good. It usually depends on each company, its position in market and its type that how much it pays to its purchase agents but usually it’s around $50000 per year in the starting of the career. The salary of a purchase agent also depends on the responsibilities and size of the company as bigger companies make more purchases so they pay more salary to purchase agents where small companies have limited resources so they can’t pay that good to their agents.
Required skills for a Purchase Agent Resume:
- Excellent people skills
- Good communication skills
- Good sales skills
- Good personality
- Being highly motivated
- Good organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Being able to work with others
- Multitasking skills
- Being good with numbers
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical and evaluation skills
Useful Tips for writing a Purchase Agent Resume:
- Always use a new and unique object for each kind of job or you can also use your career summary if you want.
- In the objective, discuss your goals that you have planned to achieve at the job you are applying for. Describe the benefits that your employer will have by hiring you.
- Never use the same resume for more than one job application.
- Read the job ad more than twice to see if you are missing any hidden requirement which is unclear but very important.
- Only provide the references if you are asked to or else, try to save as much space on the resume as possible.
- It’s totally up to you that how many sections you include in your resume. Create separate sections for education, employment, contact information, skills and achievements.
- It is not a good idea to stuff your resume with irrelevant and useless information. Try to save some space on the resume and remember it is okay to leave some space empty.
- Don’t explain your previous job duties because everyone knows that. Talk about your achievements.
Sample Purchase Agent Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Purchase Agent Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Purchase Agent Resume,