Employers know that if they don’t focus on the health and safety of their employees in workplace and during work if an employee is hurt or injured, this will be a liability for the company. This is why companies and organizations hire safety officers for their employees and workers. The key responsibility of a safety officer is to make sure that the employees work in a safe and healthy place where there is no harm to their health and lives.
Job Responsibilities of Safety Officer:
- Understanding the works and functions of a workplace
- Understanding the safety and health precautions of a workplace or equipment in a plant
- Taking assessment of the hazardous or dangerous equipment
- Evaluating the risks and ways to reduce them for employees and workers
- Training the employees and informing them about how to work safely and securely
- Conduction regular inspection of the site or equipment for ensuring health and safety of the workers
- Don’t letting inexperienced or untrained employees work with heavy and hazardous machines or materials
- Training the employees about escape routes or plans in case of any emergency or incident
Salary of Safety Officer:
You can understand that safety officer is just another name for a supervisor or in charge whose job is to keep eye and observe different elements and factors. These responsibilities put the job of a safety officer in the category of under average. This is the key reason that these officers don’t get paid very good. Usually companies hire these officers on hourly basis but they can also get job on regular salaries and benefits too. Usually a safety officer can earn up to $25,000 per year but this figure mainly depends on each country and organization.
Key Skills Required for Safety Officer job:
- Good management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Good time and resource management skills
- Good coordination skills
- Being able to work as team
Some Useful Tips for Writing Safety Officer Resume:
- After completing the resume, it’s vital that you proofread it twice or better ask someone else to do it for you. This way you will be able to eliminate the minor grammatical and spellings mistakes.
- Divide the resume into several different parts and keep the information of each section separate from others.
- In the experience section, you provide all the job related work history of yours. Start with the most recent job and write job title, name of the company or hospital and duration of your employment there.
- Now put details about your education history and same as the experience, start with the professional degree you earned and go back up to graduation. Put the name of the institution, year of passing and name of course.
- There is no need to provide any personal information like your hobbies or favorite book because no one will care to read that.
- There is no need to add references in the first place but, save them for later once you are called for an interview.
Sample Safety Officer Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Safety Officer Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Safety Officer Resume,