A security architect is a professional that designs a security system or firewall for a computer system or network for an organization i.e. bank. When Internet is involved in an organization, it is quite easy to hack or breach the network if there is no security system preventing the hackers and keeping them out of the system. These professional architects understand needs of a company and by getting to know the infrastructure and possible ways to breach the network; they design security systems or create architectural design of the security system for clients.
Job Responsibilities of a Security Architect:
- Understanding the needs and requirements of an organization regarding the security matter
- Finding existing and new threats to the computer system
- Developing plans to prevent hacking and breaching of the network and computer system
- Conducting tests on the computer system to evaluate the effectiveness of the security system
- Maintaining the security system and upgrading it periodically
- Researching on new and advanced threats to a computer system or network and working to overcome these threats
- In case of breach of system, guarding the data and securing the database of the company
- Training team members and employees of the organization to control and operate the security system
Salary of a Security Architect:
It is pretty simple from the title that these architects are responsible for creating security systems for organizations and including banks and other multinational companies and as this makes their job more complicated and high profile, they also receive massive paychecks from their employers. Usually salary of a security architect depends on the size of the organization and type of security system but mostly these professional earn more than $120,000 per year.
Useful Tips for Creating Security Architect Resume:
- The most important thing to take care while creating a resume is to decide which type of resume should one use.
- Always make sure that you send the resume as soon you hear about the job. It is not good to wait for the last day to send the application but send it as soon as possible so you resume will get more attention.
- It is not important that you always use paragraphs in the resume but you can also use more bullet points such as to enlist your skills, expertise and your previous employment responsibilities and accomplishments in the past.
- When creating the resume, make sure to stay distinguished in the list of hundreds of candidates. If you want to get help from websites and internet in order to review some samples or templates of resumes, you can certainly do that but make sure that you create your own resume and don’t just copy paste from any source on the internet.
- While discussing the previous employment, always mention the names of the employers if they are well-known in the field. This will make you look more professional as the employer will see who you worked with and what kind of expertise you learnt at that job.
Sample Security Architect Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Security Architect Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Security Architect Resume,