A store worker is the one who works in a store and does different tasks and responsibilities from meeting with the customers to getting required products from the warehouse to helping customers selecting best choices to providing customer care services. When you walk in a store, you see dozens of employees and these are all the store workers including the sales people, receptionist, billing clerk, person behind the computer screen and many others. The working of a store depends on the working and abilities of store workers.
Job Responsibilities and duties of Store Worker:
- Assisting the store manager and administrative staff with common tasks and responsibilities
- Dealing with customers and assisting them to get to know the products
- Putting the products in shelves and showcases in the store
- Sorting out the warehouse and keeping inventory
- Providing customer care services with complains and problems in the products
- Helping customers replacing broken or damaged products
- Helping inventory staff members to keep inventory of the product units in store and warehouse
- Helping other staff members to keep the store clean and in order
Salary of Store Worker:
It depends on the store and the products that it sells that how much a store worker will earn. Usually these workers work on hourly basis with minimum wages but it mostly depends on the geographical location as in America and Europe, store workers are paid more than as compared to Asia and Golf countries. Usually a store worker earns around $40000 per year and when they work on hourly basis, they earn around $15 per hour.
Required skills for a Store Worker Resume:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good people skills
- Good sales skills
- Ability to handle customers all day long
- Good management skills
- Organizational skills
- Being able to work in team
- Being punctual and regular at work
- Multitasking skills
Useful tips for writing a Store Worker Resume:
- First discuss your personal information i.e. name, nationality, religion and then add a separate section for your employment history in which you discuss your previous job accomplishments and achievements.
- Keep your resume short and concise and never exceed more than 2 pages.
- Spend some quality time with the resume and never do it in a hurry. It is better that as soon you hear about an opening, you create a resume and send it immediately.
- Never use different font style for heading and subheadings.
- Discuss your work and experiences first and then add details of your educational achievements and degrees.
- Unless you are asked by the recruiter in the job advertisement, never talk about your references in the first place.
- Make sure that you don’t send out the resume without proofreading it completely.
- Only include the name of those companies as your past work which are well known and have good reputation.
- Use more digits and fewer words because digits are easy to scan and process.
Sample Store Worker Resume:
Here is preview of a Free Sample Store Worker Resume created using MS Word,
Here is download link for this Store Worker Resume,